threes up british slang

All of this experimenting made me settle on 70 as a nice middle ground. The 13mm Televue Ethos is $658, the Televue 13mm Nagler is $335. That's easier with the smaller size of the 82 Naglers when compared to the 100 eyepieces, however I'm working on that. They were identical to the UWANs (and 5 other brands of the same eyepieces). The top dust cap fits on only when the eyecup is retracted, an inconvenience. I've had both and they are excellent (and same price)! Don't have an Astromart account? Then MyGermanUniversity is the right place for you. I find the 82 degree fields of my Explore Scientific 9mm to be less accessible, though it is a nice sharp view. And if you like the UWANs, see my review of the WO XWA. No question they set the standard. These are $65 or so.., Observing in Northern/Southern Michigan, USA, The NEAF Report from nPAE Precision Astro Engineering. While the NexStar SE/Evolution Celestron, Celestron Tabletop Tripod, NexStar SE. For 1.25" 82 eyepieces, I have a mixed set of Televue, ES, and UWA. Cons: Field less than others; eyecup height not easily adjustable. Notice how it's sharp in the center and as you get to the edge the stars grow tails? The true field of view is 0.75 degrees, with an exit pupil of about 1.9 mm. Not quite so easy a question. In short, I found it uncomfortable to use. I think they are made by the same company that made other brands, Orion, Zhumell, SmartAstronomy, et al. The 16mm is often considered the weakest of the line (though still a decent performer) and I've read a lot of good things about the 4mm. I just ordered two 1.25" 32 mm 52 degree GSO eyepieces from Agena Astro because I would like to have that wider TFOV. No. Don't dismiss buying a used EP out of the Classifieds section - I found two of mine there. Collecting EP's is a journey for sure in finding out what you really like. I would target a 12mm-13mm for my first EP purchase. Heres a low-cost zoom eyepiece that actually works well. Cons: Heavy and 2-inch only; shorter eye relief. 8 & 10 Ethos has a bit more light transmission, but this EP is a fraction of the cost , and well worth it! A 100 degree field of view provides the user with almost 1.5 times the area of an 82 degree eyepiece. Bottom Line: A good, economical choice for Schmidt-Cassegrains. I love my 20mm 100 degree eyepiece. I was surprised! The result is the equivalent to your grade in the German grading system, where 1.0 is the maximum grade and 4.0 the minimum passing grade. Good luck and clear skies! Holding your eye in the proper position is way easier. Not to say that normal 50 and wide-field 65 eyepieces arent excellent, but for a more immersive viewing experience most telescope owners add at least one, if not several ultra-wide 82 eyepieces to their collection. Accessories, Astrophotography gear, Reviews. I see only two, a 9mm and a 6mm. Joining an astronomy club can also put more eyepieces in your focuser to the test. Optical performance also proved similar, with stars in the Meade beginning to distort 60 percent out from the center and appearing fairly aberrated at the edge of field. Edited by David E, 08 October 2014 - 08:14 PM. I don't use 2" eyepieces that much so I'm not interested in the 28mm, and for some reason the 7mm eyepieces that I have are rarely used. There are also 60 degree eyepieces like the Starguider ED and Paradigms. They're just too big and heavy and more of a novelty view for me, whereas my 82's are quite comfortable. Note: For definitions of basic eyepiece characteristics mentioned below, see Ed Tings A Beginners Guide to Telescope Eyepieces. Now I see all 3 at half price sale for under $300 for them and that's pretty good, imo! I'm hoping they will be sharp to the edge at f/7. Old, from WO. Are you looking for a List of Universities in Germany for International Students? Alan Dyer is an astrophotographer and astronomy author based in Alberta, Canada. In eyepieces, models with the extreme apparent field of 100 rank at the top for performance - but also price! That doesn't happen with 100 degree eyepieces. Edited by Jim7728, 08 October 2014 - 01:32 PM. The 4.5mm Morpheus is sharper than the Ethos SX, by a hair. But viewing with glasses on is still possible. The eyepieces rival Televue but they were sold to fund an Ethos. New from Stellarvue, ultra-wide eyepieces. Faster scopes (below f5.9) are more sensitive and require more expensive EP's and a probably a coma corrector. Stars are sharp across all but the outer 10 to 15 percent of the field, so very close to Nagler performance. In the AD8 . Once you look through eyepieces with 82 apparent fields, all lesser eyepieces give the impression of looking down a tunnel. I tested this set on f/6 apo refractors and f/5 to f/6 Newtonian reflectors, concentrating on comparing on-axis and off-axis sharpness. Edit: For clarification, I am referring to the apparent field of view of eyepieces, not the true field of view. The 4 and the 8mm have barlow lenses in them and they are the same eyepiece other than the barlow lens. With 20mm of eye relief and a large eye lens, this is a very comfortable eyepiece to look through. Each of the eight elements are fully multi-coated, edge blackened and the lens barrel and baffles are similarly dark black. However, eyepiece preferences are very personal and you will find a lot of different opinions on this series and its individual focal length. At 580 grams, it is the heaviest of the 82 set. With a 10 inch Newtonian at an f5 focal ratio, the 50mm eyepiece you are considering will produce a 10mm exit pupil. Seeing the outer 10 degrees in direct vision is not so easily done. It comes with a pouch with a belt clip. This is a superb eyepiece for the money, with the bonus of argon-filled waterproof construction to keep moisture from penetrating and fogging the eyepiece on humid nights. I have the WO versions of these and find them very good, indeed! But it is an excellent eyepiece, for $80 less than the Tele Vue Ethos. Stars begin to distort in the outer 25 percent of the field, so worse than the Explore Scientific and Tele Vue Ethos, but still very good, especially for the price. Cons: Slightly soft off-axis performance. Cheers. I started with the A-T and would still have it if my wife did not wear glasses (I'm guessing it's only a matter of time for me as well). As the object, or area of an object, being viewed, often take up a very small area of the field of view. Anyone tried them? Ive never been a fan of zoom eyepieces. Teasing me? Its long 20mm of eye relief, screw-up eyecup and large eye lens makes Orions Lanthanum a pleasure to use. Make no mistake, these are large and heavy eyepieces, with some requiring 2-inch focusers. My conclusion upon testing this 100 group was that performance was more or less commensurate with price. I do most of my observing with 82 degree eyepieces. Pros: Lowest cost eyepiece in the group; long eye relief. The Stellarvue 82 is well made, with a compact, solid construction, good 14mm of eye relief (better than the stated 12mm) and a fold-up eyecup. Do you search for top universities and information on admission requirements, language certificates (TOEFL/IELTS) and application deadlines? Though more costly, the Stellarvue Optimus also stood out for price vs. performance in a full 100 eyepiece. My conclusion from testing this 82 group was that the Explore Scientific came very close to matching the standard-setting premium Tele Vue Nagler, but at a lower price. Going Wider: Five 100-Degree Eyepieces Compared All rights reserved. I have a tendency to increase the apparent field as the magnification goes up so I don't have to push the dob quite as much. I am also intrigued by the 4mm. I just purchased a SV80A (really excited) and they had deal going where you get the 8mm and 15mm for a little over $100 so I jumped on it. Edited by Neanderthal, 05 March 2023 - 09:40 AM. I like having eyepieces at my fingertips. Bottom Line: A better bargain 82 eyepiece. However, on a Schmidt-Cassegrain, with its more forgiving f/10 focal ratio, off-axis sharpness was much better. Nuff said! I have a tendency to increase the apparent field as the magnification goes up so I don't have to push the dob quite as much. Click here to simulate the field of viewhttps://astronomy.tools/, Posted by philip fontaine on 4th Aug 2022. Going Wide: Nine 82-Degree Eyepieces Compared, A Beginners Guide to Telescope Eyepieces, Price and Quality in a High-Power Zoom: SVBONY 3mm-8mm Zoom Review, Celestron Tabletop Tripod Review: Sometimes Smaller is Better. I bought this and the 4.7mm on a whim when picking up an SV60. This is an enthusiast's forum - these folks typically take good care of their stuff. Read Alan Dyers review of five 100-degree eyepieces, Tag List televue Celestron eyepieces ORION TELESCOPE meade Explore Scientific vixen optics stellarvue antares morpheus. The ergonomics of them is quite nice to me, fit the hand very well allowing for a good grip on them. The focal length choices seems a bit odd to me: 28mm, 16mm, 7mm and 4mm, but perhaps more focal lengths will fill in the gaps later. Building an set of eyepieces takes some time. This 9 mm eyepiece is ideal for moderate power work on moons, planets and dark sky objects. TS have kept the old 4/7/16mm focal length specifications. Super crisp images to the edges. Because they're Stellarvue! But it just matters on if you need the eye relief or not, the AT UWA 28 would be great as well if not wearing glasses. Click here to create one. MyGermanUniversity.com is Germany's largest database for English-language Bachelors and Masters programs (refers to degree programs with at least 50% English-taught course modules from German universities). So that this makes sense - take your 30mm SuperView, focus on a nice cluster of stars (M45 akaPleiades is a great one). Astronomy Clubs, Star Parties, Shows, & Conferences, Community Forum Software by IP.BoardLicensed to: Cloudy Nights, This is not recommended for shared computers. Introducing the new Stellarvue Ultra Wide Angle eyepiece series. any limitations are just limitations and can not be named "favorite", (2) acceptable (not a favorite) eyepiece AFOV depends from nature of observing object. For a differentiated assessment of the examination performances, the grades can be increased or decreased by 0.3 to intermediate values; the grades 0.7 and 5.3 are excluded. of Students: approx. Now if you had a more expensive 30mm EP, that FOV will remain sharper to the edge. The Meade and Omegon represent great values. Astronomy Clubs, Star Parties, Shows, & Conferences, Community Forum Software by IP.BoardLicensed to: Cloudy Nights. Both have the same true FOV and cover the cluster nicely. We all have different preferences for eyepieces. In my scopes, I generally use the 3.5 mm Nagler with the 2X TV Barlow as my highest magnification. On my f/5 to f/6 test scopes, stars started to distort 50 percent out from the center and were quite bloated at the edge, the poorest optical performance of the group, but one thats commensurate with price. (2011) 1,348,335; (2021 est . Back in my youth I worked for a company that "made" computer monitors and the OEM was required to make it to our specs, but others were not. public University. eyepiece will limit observer significantly. I have the Stellarvue 15mm UWA and it needs some focal length to clean up the field as curvature starts getting beyond tolerable for my eye around the 65-70% mark in an f/7 600mm refractor. Edited by timmbottoni, 03 November 2014 - 08:49 PM. They are probably another variation of the UWANs, thought the specified focal lengths have been changed from 7mm to 8mm and from 16mm to 15mm. I don't know how much help my opinion will be but I will certainly share what I can when I have them in front of me. 82 Degree Ultra Wide Angle Eyepieces - Stellarvue The Stellarvue 82 and Meades new PWA provide good performance for a much lower price. Fancy eyepieces are expensive, simpler eyepieces can be nearly as good and much more affordable. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality. Top 100 Worldwide. The latter had good optical performance, but with a twist-up eyecup mechanism that was stiff and greasy in the unit I tested. I am fortunate that I do not need to wear glasses.. Over the years, I have built up a collection of eyepieces that includes multiple sets. I think probably not. The focal length choices seems a bit odd to me: 28mm, 16mm, 7mm and 4mm, but perhaps more focal lengths will fill in the gaps later. Pros: Solid construction with good eye relief. You sometimes feel more like you are actually there, in the view. Bottom Line: Very good optics and mechanics for an excellent price. Eye relief is 15mm, a little longer than the Explore and Stellarvue competitors. I've had a few of their scopes that are well made, and well corrected, but labeled as someone elses. Based on the 14mm SSW, I can recommended the series, though they are even more costly than Nagler Type 6s. We have the same scope, so I can give you a few pointers to consider. While still impressive, they arent as wide as the others. Might it not be that Stellarvue just have updated the specifications so that they better represents reality? I wouldn't expect additional focal lengths. Click here to simulate the field of viewhttps://astronomy.tools/. MSRP $350. He (or his expertly trained staff)machines optical tubes and adapters, polishes lenses, fabricates altazmounts, and yes his triple testing of his refractorsis now legendary! Good decision! Hmmm, looks like those four focal lengths are the only ones they make, at least for now. I've spent a decent amount of time with an 82-degree eyepiece, but the extra field never seemed very immersive to me. And the included velvety storage bag is very nice. Another good example is the 50mm finderscope, from both WO and SV (I have both, mostly the same, both excellent). (Cheaper products abound, but you never know what you'll get. The most eyepieces I use are 65 to 70 degrees. I've been thinking about getting the 15mm as my first non-cheapo eyepiece so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it. It sounds like at $65 a piece it would be hard to do any better. We are fast approaching "galaxy" season, with the planets in the rear view mirror. Either model represents an excellent value in a mega-wide eyepiece. Telescope Eyepieces Guide - High Point Scientific I can easily watch a close double drift past the field stop of a type 6 Nagler and often do. If I'm pleased with the SV 28, I may just go with SVs to complete a set, we'll see. I tested these on f/6 apo refractors and f/5 to f/6 Newtonian reflectors, concentrating on comparing on-axis and off-axis sharpness. All in all, exactly what you'd expect from Stellarvue: A great product at a reasonable price. Please Log In to view the details for this classified ad. Looks like at this time they are all available. At under $200 this eyepiece is a great way to get those wide views at a reasonable price. It comes with a vinyl storage bag and the eyepiece is fully waterproof it can even be submerged for cleaning! For Messier 24 ("Delle Caustiche") even in short focal scope 100 deg. Widest range of top-quality eyepieces, from 3.5mm to 31mm Known for having flat fields and high contrast as well as great clarity Backed by Tele Vue's excellent quality control Explore Scientific 82 Degree Eyepieces Comments All focal lengths are waterproof/argon purged Excellent apparent field of view at 82-degrees I recently upgraded my 30mm that came with my Dob to a APM 30mm UFF and its a great EP. The 28mm UWAN does not appear to be available any longer, but here is an old CN article about the line. This eyepiece gives me 133x mag in my 10 inch Dobsonian. I once read that Televue actually bench tests all of their eyepieces before delivery to their customers or dealers; if so they may be unique in this regard. New guy struggling with eyepiece decisions - Cloudy Nights Stellarvue 8mm UWA Ultra Wide Angle 82 degree 1.25" Eyepiece - New. His website at www.amazingsky.com has galleries of his images, plus links to his product review blog posts, video tutorials, and ebooks on astrophotography. Bottom Line: A superb eyepiece for 2-inch focusers. Program Fees: 0 - 10,000 (per semester) Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) #48, QS World University . Well to be honest, United Optics products tend to be quite good, whether branded as WO or SV, or something else. Enter the maximum grade, the minimum passing grade, and your current overall grade in the grading system of your university. I find there are very few choices when it comes choosing a high quality 70 to 82 AFOV design that have enough eye relief for me to see the entire FOV. : Yes Filter Thread? The only cost I had to eat was shipping, but spending $20 to rent an eyepiece is worth it to me. But it is an excellent and attractive, though large, eyepiece at a slightly lower price than a Nagler with much better eye relief. Im hoping these will perform similarly. Munich, German Mnchen, city, capital of Bavaria Land (state), southern Germany. Going Wider: Five 100-Degree Eyepieces Compared, A Beginners Guide to Telescope Eyepieces, Price and Quality in a High-Power Zoom: SVBONY 3mm-8mm Zoom Review, Celestron Tabletop Tripod Review: Sometimes Smaller is Better. Top-ranked German Universities in Munich. Stellarvue 8mm UWA Ultra Wide Angle 82 degree 1.25" Eyepiece - New They slap on the "15mm" on the side and everybody assumes it is actually 15mm, when it is really 14mm. Tele Vues Type 6 Naglers are small, light and tack sharp across the field, even on fast f-ratio telescopes. There are more expensive products, but do they perform any better? The specifications state an 86 apparent field but it appeared to be the same as the other 82 models. Today, they report 4mm, 8mm, and 15mm and are $50 apiece less expensive, at $149 each. Just received the set. Drift time is about 20 seconds. Reducer Flatteners for other telescopes, Finderscope Eyepieces with Focusing Reticle, Barlows to double the power of your eyepieces, Stellarvue 15 mm Ultra Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece - EUW-15.0, Stellarvue 4 mm Ultra Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece - EUW-04.0, Stellarvue 8 mm Ultra Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece - EUW-08.0, Stellarvue Ultra Wide Angle Eyepiece Set - EUW-SET. Maybe Vic star tests these though! The only cons I've noticed is that they are big and heavy and change the balance point for my small scope+cheap mount and like any other optical system they have to cool down to ambient temp to get the best view (which takes a few minutes). The eyepiece is turned my 115 into a whole new scope for visual observing. Grade Conversion Formula for Grades Earned Outside Germany - TUM Don, I know the FS size controls the AFOV, but I thought the F/L was inherent to the optical design? Observing while seated is a much better experience. But what matters is who you buy it from, the specifications, customer service, reliability, and price (of course), when making your actual purchasing decision. You currently have javascript disabled. Cons: Soft off-axis star images. I saw clear, sharp, spacious views of Jupiter and the Moon when I first tried this eyepiece, and it also works well on double stars. I had the pleasure of looking through all of the Optimus eyepieces with Vic at the DSSP. At least I think they are new because I can't find anything about these focal lengths, they currently have 4, 8, and 15mm available. If theres one premium eyepiece to buy, it will likely be in this focal length range. But yea I mainly like using EP's in the 70 - 82o FOV range. and they are currently also sold under the labels: Aah but they are new new to Stellaruve. Be informed, it can't hurt you. I had the 15mm and it lasted 2 weeks in my case. Light Benders: 2" Astro-Physics MaxBright, 2" iStar dielectric, 2" Stellarvue Deluxe, 2" TAL/ NPZ dielectric, 2" Baader Amici prism . How are the new Orion SkyQuest dobsonians? Nice detail of the moon and the cloud bands on Jupiter. Click here to simulate the field of view. This 2 inch eyepiece is our widest field in the 82 degree range. Bottom Line: Another fine ultra-wide eyepiece for the money. Why 5 stars? Please note that this tool is only intended to provide a first orientation and the results are in no way binding. Meades new PWA (Premium Wide Angle) series is effectively a new version of their previous 82 UWA series, which is still available as of November 2020. Features --20mm focal length --100 apparent field --15mm eye relief --9 element design --fully multi-coated Add 1/8" if rolled up. Eye relief is an excellent 17 mm, longer than in more premium models, and the eyecup is extendable. This was part of a 3 piece set and I won't be using this one. On axis the field is nice but as you creep out from the center the curvature becomes apparent. Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) #48, Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) #52, private (state-approved) University of Applied Sciences, View all 231 courses still open for next intake, Marketing services for German Universities. In WO livery the 4mm's a nice ep for those nights that support it. Especially comparing them to the ES line. Incredible clarity across the entire field of view. This affect is more pronounced in lower magnification, wide-field EP's. Posted by Steve Lightstone on 8th Aug 2020. This is why some wide field EP's cost more, some, a lot more. However, with your eye positioned where it needs to be to see the whole field, the field partially blacks out with squirming kidney-bean shadows (technically called spherical aberration of the exit pupil). I didn't understand how big a deal this was until I bit the bullet and purchased a chair. Returned it. The ES is solidly made and comfortable to use despite its short 11mm eye relief (measured from the top of the eyecup), due to the recessed eye lens (the specs state 15.6mm). A frequent example on here is the 84 degrees of the Docter 12.5, which is a highly accessible but wide field. The rubber eyecup can be raised higher with the use of an included extension ring; a twist-up mechanism would have been preferable. An important factor is whether you have astigmatism in your observing eye and need to wear glasses when observing,. Edited by 25585, 06 March 2023 - 09:04 AM. It performs well on faster telescopes, a key characteristic of Nagler and Ethos eyepieces. If so, you will need eyepieces with longer eye relief. I strongly recommend both the 20 mm and 9 mm Optimus. 100 degree eyepieces are quite amazing but they are also very large and can be quite heavy. It is just on the edge of being sensitive to what EP you can throw in the focuser and get good results. Heres a low-cost zoom eyepiece that actually works well. If you're not sensitive to curvature perhaps give it a go but honestly if you have on hand a 2x and a 3x barlow just get the 15mm because then you'll have all three. The A-T 28UWA/StellarVue 82 and APM 30UFF has already been mentioned in this thread. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality. In this complete system we include the large 28mm 2" wide field eyepiece for low power, the 8mm ultra-wide angle eyepiece for medium power, and for high power we provide the 4 mm ultra-wide angle eyepiece. And stars are tack sharp across 95 percent of the field, flaring only slightly at the very edge. While the 76 Baader Morpheus provides slightly less field of view than the rest, the long eye relief and excellent image quality makes it new favorite of mine, and worthy of consideration. The grades represent the following assessments of the examination performances: Talent Development, Scholarships and Awards, Verification of Study Periods for Pension Insurance, Mission Statement and Teaching Constitution, TUM Center for Digital Leadership Development, Digital Programs of Executive and Professional Education, Office of the Senior Executive Vice President, TUMonline TUMs campus management portal, Academic and Examination Regulations (FPSO), resolution of the Kultusministerkonferenz, 1.01.5 very good: excellent performance, 1.62.5 good: performance well above average, 2.63,5 satisfactory: average performance, 3.64.0 sufficient: performance meets the standards in spite of deficiencies, from 4.1 fail: performance does not meet the standards because of substantial deficiencies. Pros: Low price; good eye relief; solid construction. Effect of barlows / field flatness for AT60ED solar imaging, Jon Isaacs, SpaceConqueror3 and mrsjeff like this, sportsmed, edsmx5 and Someone4322 like this, Dave Mitsky, John Huntley, CeleNoptic and, izar187, pj_thomas and Alex Swartzinski like this. The field is so wide it can be hard to see the edge of the field. But I have had really great customer service from stellarvue which is hard to beat, and I have always been happy with their equipment. So from a practical point of view, I find there's little difference in drift time. I doubt Vic Maris will reveal who his OEM is. Omegon in Germany offers many unique products such as their Panorama2 eyepieces. As such, the Nagler Type 6s are showing their age, as newer models of eyepieces, including Tele Vues own Delos series, provide adjustable eyecups and much longer eye relief, important for us aging observers!

Who Makes Protactic Golf Clubs, Articles S

stellarvue 82 degree eyepiece