shopify mercari integration

Easy to follow, tried, tested and loved! Shape into 48 meatballs. Make sure you provide plenty of napkins, toothpicks, and plates for guests. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar; stir to blend. Combine jelly and mustard in glass bowl. This is a simple and budget-friendly recipe for kielbasa, slow-cooked with pineapple chunks and a tangy vinegar and brown sugar sauce. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the weiners are cooked through. And most importantly, (okay, notmost importantly but still pretty important) enjoy the food. 2 (16 ounce) packages cocktail sausages (such as Lit'l Smokies). Thankfully I only purchased 1 pkg of the cocktail weiners! Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. ), Crock Pot Nippy Franks With Bourbon Recipe, Crock Pot Mini Smoked Sausages With Grape Jelly Sauce, Sausage Bites in Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce. Place hot dogs in crock pot on low setting, and pour sauce over dogs. Thanks for a great recipe. Sweet and sour meatballs are a delicious appetizer that can be cooked on the stove top or in the slow cooker. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then line a baking sheet with foil. Recipezazz.com is a recipe sharing social kitchen that encourages members to post recipes, rate and review each others recipes, play games, and hang out with other home cooks. 2 Tbsp corn starch How To Make sweet n' sour weenies 1 Slice each hot dog into bite-size pieces. Li'l Smokies (mini smoked sausages) or cocktail franks work well in this dish, but standard hot dogs or smoked sausages are good as well. 5 Ingredients Or Less, Remove from oven; drain. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "acb948cf893d72b58b166cd61ab20708" );document.getElementById("he0c03d125").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Spend With Pennies. Stir until corn starch dissolves. Directions. For appetizer servings, thread chunks of kielbasa, pineapple, onion, and bell pepper onto toothpicks or small skewers. or more weiners (1" long) 1/4 c. brown sugar Melt together mustard, jelly and brown sugar. All you need is a couple of minutes and a couple of ingredients. Add some heat to the sauce with about 1/2 teaspoon or more of crushed red pepper flakes or some cayenne. SWEET AND SOUR WEINERS 1 (9 oz.) Heres what you need: Step 1 Open and pour both packages of Litl Smokies in Crock Pot. Appetizers, The dish is a good one to take along to a potluck dinner or tailgating party. Now you are ready for your friends and family to enjoy. 2 cups flour. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. You can also wrap the little smokies with thin strips of bacon and secure them with a toothpick for a fun twist. Mix and let simmer until smooth, usually 15-20 minutes. Simmer uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and wieners are plump. Another finger food that can be made ahead and is popular at parties. Grape jelly in measuring cup Mustard in a measuring cup. In a heavy skillet over low heat, melt butter. Add a side of Asian slaw for a fabulous dinner. Serve the cocktail franks right from the slow cooker. When hot, add wieners and cover for about 15 minutes. Stir in hot dogs so that they are covered by the sauce. jar prepared mustard 1 (9 oz.) (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Mix jelly, chili sauce and corn starch in small pan. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Kielbasa is sometimes called Polish sausage, and it is available in most grocery stores. Your email address will not be published. Pour the juice mixture over the kielbasa. Enjoy your family. For nippy franksadults onlyadd 1 to 2 tablespoons of a good quality bourbon to the sauce mixture. can pineapple tidbits. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Bite-sized hot dogs (cocktail wieners) or sausage are cooked in a tangy ketchup and brown sugar sauce in thecrockpot or slow cooker. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Directions for BBQ Cocktail Wieners: Step 1 - Open and pour both packages of Lit'l Smokies in Crock Pot. Cook, covered, on high for 2 minutes. 10 stars for the original recipe, 15 stars for the chili sauce variant. 3-Ingredient Party Snacks That Look Like You Made an Effort, 34 Christmas Eve Appetizers To Get the Party Started. Pour pineapple juice mixture over cooked onion and green pepper in saucepan. Grape Jelly - dds the perfect sweetness and helps make the sauce thick to coat the little smokies. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. Dinner for Grandma? Stir to combine. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix grape jelly and mustard. Pour ketchup and jelly into a slow cooker. Make your slices around inch thick. Stir until corn starch dissolves. When you reach your destination, plug it in and set it on high until hot. Add in 2 pkgs of cocktail weiners (miniature hot dogs).Cover and chill or possibly freeze till ready to serve. Plug the crock pot in when you get to the party or dinner. Snacks, I Made It Nutrition Facts (per serving) Show Full Nutrition Label Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter. I think we dont have enough of them these days. I am going to grill weiners, cut them up and then add them to the mixture! And thats unfortunate, because kids need to get to know their cousins, and adults need the village to help raise their children. I would also love it in a hot dog bun. Family reunions? Directions: In a saucepan, combine mustard, jelly, and relish; heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot and well blended. Can be made with cooked meatballs also or a combination of both. These also freeze well in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Or cut up an extra red or orange bell pepper. link to Easy Sweet and Sour Polska Kielbasa. Bring to boil, then simmer. I was a little unsure at first about the grape jelly concoction, but now I won't do it any other way. Why Is Everyone Talking About My Grandma's Favorite Cocktail? My dog Buford is always there by my side when I cook for the family. It's the perfect appetizer for a Super Bowl party or any party or gathering, all with minimal prep. The sauce adds barbecue flavor to the addictive little hot dogs, andit makes anice alternative to the classic grape jelly sauce or bourbon mixture. package (16 oz) hot dogs, sliced on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch pieces, large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 cup), large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 cup). Cut kielbasa into 1-inch to 2-inch lengths. Loved this and am serving this again on Monday for our Memorial day cookout. Remove from skillet. Turn the setting to low (or warm)and serve them hot from the slow cooker. You can't go wrong with these mini bbq sausages! Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. ), Crock Pot Southern Black-Eyed Peas With Ham Hock, Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs With Pineapple Recipe, Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Country-Style Ribs, Crock Pot Sausage With Onion and Mustard Sauce, Crock Pot Pork Shoulder for Pulled-Pork Sandwiches, Sausage Bites in Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce, 19 Best Kielbasa and Smoked Sausage Recipes. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Not only are they able to do so much but they are willing to share what they have. Cut the hot dogs up into eighths and add to the sauce. Use smoked (or uncured) pork, turkey, or beef kielbasa in this recipe. Get updates from our latest Total Dadass posts. Which European country will inspire your culinary journey tonight? For a spicier sauce mixture, add a teaspoon or more of Asian chili sauce (sambal oelek) or add a small minced hot chili pepper. Place a sieve or colander over a bowl and drain the pineapple, reserving the juice. Potluck, Set aside. Were all leading such busy lives that its rare now to be able to come together even with our nuclear families for dinner, much less our extended families. Add the hot dogs and stir to coat them. Home > Recipes > Appetizer Recipes > Slow Cooker Little Smokies. Pour the sauce over the smokies and cook on low for 2-3 hours. This cocktail weenies recipe is super easy to make in a slow cooker with only three ingredients for a crowd-pleasing treat! All Rights 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, or balsamic vinegar. Cut the hot dogs up into eighths and add to the sauce. Try other jellies like apricot or even cranberry sauce. Smoked kielbasa is the most common variety, and available in most markets. ). mustard and grape jelly in the crock pot You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. 2 packages (8 ounces each) mini wieners 1/2 cup ketchup 1/2 cup orange marmalade 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce Nutritional Serving Size: 1 (90.2 g) Calories 236.4 Total Fat - 6 g Saturated Fat - 1 g Cholesterol - 11.3 mg Sodium - 400.6 mg Total Carbohydrate - 44.5 g Dietary Fiber - 1 g Sugars - 33.3 g Protein - 2.2 g Calcium - 31.9 mg Iron - 0.6 mg I could not find the mini wieners so I just cut up regular weiners. For fruity, sweet-sour flavor, add about 1/2 cup of drained crushed pineapple to the sauce mixture. Thread each weiner onto a toothpick, then spread a small amount of grape jelly over top. Some suitable substitutes for kielbasa include smoked Spanish chorizo, spicy andouille sausage, linguisa, or linguica. Kitchen-Friendly View Nutrition Facts Per Serving Per 100 g * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. 3 1 jar (s) grape jelly, 10 oz. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. They are also straightforward to make and take only a few minutes to prepare. Cool. Mix together cornstarch, sugar, and salt, then stir in pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce and bouillon. Cook hot dogs in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. 2 In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Serve hot. Step 4 Cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours. Wrap each cocktail hot dog or mini smoked sausagewith a half strip of partially cooked bacon (cook it just until the fat has rendered, but it is still soft and flexible) and secure each one with a toothpick. jar currant jelly 1 lb. Little Smokies, smothered in a sweet tangy BBQ sauce are one of the easiest, most loved appetizers out there. Whisk to combine. Stir in cornstarch slurry and cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 days. To the bowl with the reserved juice, add the cornstarch and stir the mixture until smooth. When I made this for my Thai family using the recipe as written, it was liked but family said it needs a lot more chili taste to it. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Just cook the kielbasa as directed and then wrap the crock pot in newspapers or blankets to keep it hot while transporting. Add onion and green bell pepper, then cover and cook for about 5 minutes until onion is tender. Amount is based on available nutrient data. So happy this recipe was such a hit for you, Lee! Hot dogs are the unsung heroes of dinnertime, and heres another recipe that proves it! 1 jar chili sauce, 12 oz. Using regular weiners makes it quite quite econamical. Turn it to warm or low for serving. Crockpot little smokies are the sweet and savory solution for a last-minute appetizer or snack! SWEET & SOUR COCKTAIL WIENERS. Heat gradually while stirring to mix completely. Welcome to Spend With Pennies! ). Adjust sweet with sugar, tang with vinegar, saltiness with salt to taste. This simple recipe is another twist on hot dogs to add variety to the food. I had cocktail weinies before but only in the grape jelly recipe. Serve with toothpicks or bamboo knotted party picks. Required fields are marked *. Born and raised in Maine. jar grape jelly. cup sugar. Ingredients For sweet and sour hot dog bites 1 jar (6 ounces) yellow mustard 1 jar (10 ounces) currant jelly 2 lb good quality hot dogs How To Make sweet and sour hot dog bites 1 Mix together mustard and jelly. Remove from skillet. Heat to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat to low. The recipe is quick and easy to make and requires no specialized cookware. SWEET AND SOUR COCKTAIL WEINERS 3/4 cup prepared mustard 1 cup currant jelly 2 packages cocktail weiners In a large microwave safe bowl or a double boiler, combine mustard and jelly and heat until mixture begins to bubble. 2 tablespoon (s) corn starch. Looking for more man food? Did your family love these Crockpot Little Smokies? Serve with toothpicks; keep warm with a fondue pot. In a medium saucepan, combine pineapple juice, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir them around at least once during this time. Who doesn't love a cocktail weenie? Put the slow cooker in an insulated carrier or wrap it in blankets or newspapers to keep it hot. Categories: Little Smokies Open the package and toss them in. Grape Jelly dds the perfect sweetness and helps make the sauce thick to coat the little smokies. Step 2 Whisk together the BBQ sauce and grape jelly in a medium mixing bowl. [instagram-feed num=9 cols=9 showheader=false showbutton=false showfollow=false], How to Put the Moves on Your Wife When You Have Kids, 2 (14 oz packages) Litl Smokies cocktail sausages, 1 cup BBQ sauce (Any brand is OK, but choose a sweet sauce, not a smoky sauce. Game/Sports Day, Her greatest passion is creating in the kitchen and making deliciously comforting recipes for the everyday home cook!See more posts by Holly. Step 3 - Cover Lit'l Smokies with BBQ sauce and grape jelly mixture. In medium bowl, stir juice with brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and garlic powder. Hot dogs are another staple of the Maine diet. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add pineapple juice mixture, drained pineapple chunks and chopped bell peppers to hot skillet. SpendWithPennies.com. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You can increase the level of heat by increasing the amount of chili sauce.". As it starts heating up, keep whisking constantly until it thickens into a sauce consistency. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment.*. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Subscribe to receive weekly recipes and get a FREE Bonus e-book: Quick & Easy Weeknight Meals! Check out these BBQ Pulled Pork Baked Potatoes! You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails you receive. 5 star all the way - this recipe is tasty, attractive and versatile. Cream together in bowl with beaters until well blended. Add pineapple juice, ketchup, and chili powder; mix well. Just cut hot dogs or other larger pieces into 2-inch or 3-inch lengths. Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. This post may contain affiliate links. Weiners may be added to same sauce. Depending on your ingredients, you can make a delicious dish for as little as $2 per person. In the slow cooker, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, and garlic powder. Thanks for sharing this recipe with all of us. Add jelly and the mustard into a crock pot and let simmer, Mix until smooth, usually 15-20 minutes. Drop in mustard and jelly mixture. Fabulous served as an appetizer for those Saturday football games, serve over rice with a salad for lunch or dinner. In a large microwave safe bowl or possibly a double boiler, put together mustard and jelly and heat till mix begins to bubble. Slice weiners in 1 and 1/2 inch pieces and add to sauce. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes and articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Microwave jelly until thin (30 seconds). I find they taste *almost* the same, however, with just these 3 ingredients, so why make things harder than they need to be? Offer guests plates and napkins and serve the appetizers hot from the crockpot. Mix jelly, chili sauce and corn starch in small pan. This is a very old sweet and sour recipe for cocktail weenies with grape jelly and mustard; I remember looking forward to it as a kid at my mom's holiday parties. Reduce heat and simmer until serving. I Made It Nutrition Facts (per serving) Ingredients 3 1 lb packages of hot dogs 8 oz grape jelly 8 oz of mustard Instructions To make the sweet and sour hot dogs, put the jelly and the mustard into a crock pot. Give the recipe an upgrade with bacon. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I had to come back and leave another review, this time based on a variant you mentioned. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. It adds a little more sweet/sour flavor to it, and thats how my mom and sisters make them. My family always like these treats being served with a side of rice or noodles. 2 Remove wieners from sauce to serving platter; pour sauce into small bowl. This easy recipe is perfect for parties and get-togethers. The sauce gets thick and turns into a glaze for the little smokies ~ its that easy. 2 Cook hot dogs in water. Steps: Slice each hot dog into bite-size pieces. Cook, covered, in microwave on bake for 3 minutes. Mix jelly, chili sauce and corn starch in small pan. Drain pineapple chunks; reserve juice. The less we do it, the less wewant to do it. This is actually my first time making the sauce with grape jelly, and that is absolutely brilliant. Or just throw into crock pot. You might find uncured and fresh kielbasa in stores that specialize in Polish orEastern European food. Instead of hot dogs, add 1 to 2 pounds of your favorite homemade or. I cut the recipe back to only 2 weiners and cooked them in the crock pot for 2 hours, then kept them on warm for another hour - Perfect. 1/2 c. mustard. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add sausage and beef; mix well. Bbq Sauce Any flavor will do hickory, mesquite, hot & spicy, or Kansas City style. Add to skillet; stir constantly until mixture is thick and bubbling. I have made sweet/sour or bbq cocktail weiners and little smokies many times, but my recipe is: equal parts of ketchup and grape jelly. Add the skewered sausage appetizers to the slow cooker with the sauce and cook as directed. To make the sweet and sour hot dogs, put the jelly and the mustard into a crock pot. Add the kielbasa pieces to the slow cooker along with the onion and bell pepper. Serve immediately. I have collected these Maine recipes that are meant to be easy and inexpensive. These are guaranteed to disappear whether it's for a party or dinner, these are just too tasty and fun not to eat. Just toss four ingredients into the slow cooker, set it, and forget it! Fall/Autumn, Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes and articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Combine mustards and grape jelly and add to crockpot. Choose your favorite. Extras - Mix in some brown sugar, maple syrup or honey mustard for extra flavor. Cut the onion quarters crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Now, before you call someone to analyze my brain, hear me out. I say lets get together more often. Please read our disclosure policy. Stir occasionally, and keep warm. Remove from water. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours. Combine all ingredients in crock-pot and cook on low for 3 hours. Put in baking dish with butter. Stir in hot dogs so that they are covered by the sauce. Place meatballs in a shallow baking pan. Cover and cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, My All-Time Favorite Trader Joe's Product Is Available in a New Flavor for the First Time Ever, Your Party Needs Our Best Filipino Lumpia Recipes. Pour the juice mixture over the kielbasa. Stir to combine. teaspoon salt (use coarse salt) 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour jelly sauce over wieners. So yesterday I made this with chili sauce and orange marmalade, and it is brilliant! Slice the hot dogs using a sharp knife: Lightly slice a sharp knife down into the hot dog, stopping short of cutting through to the cutting board. Mix and let simmer until smooth, usually 15-20 minutes. Youll never have leftovers to bring back home, which is extremely helpful for me since I forget them, anyway. Beef Dinner, more, "A tasty little appetizer I serve when the boys come over for game night. Cut the bell pepper into 1-inch chunks. It is so savory with just enough sweetness. Whisk together grape jelly and BBQ sauce in a medium bowl. Some people substitute the Li'l Smokies sausages instead of the weenies. You can also wrap the little smokies with thin strips of bacon and secure them with a toothpick for a fun twist. Add 2 packages of cocktail weiners (miniature hot dogs). Drop weiners in boiling water. 1 lb. Also do check out my special smookies recipe as well. Pour sauce over cocktail wieners, and stir to combine. Get the latest recipes and tips delivered right to your inbox. Nothing was left at the end of lunch. Even as a side dish for brunch. Cincinnati Chili 3, 4, or 5 Way (Crock Pot or Not! I know its going to be wonderful! When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. 2023 Just A Pinch Recipe Club, LLC. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Drain off any excess grease if needed. No need to thaw even if theyre frozen. Add flour and mix . Add hot dogs back into skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Cover and refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve. Leave us a rating and a comment below! Let sit in sauce at low temperature for two hours. Reduce heat and cover; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the hot dogs are heated through. It will look horrible and smell worse when first in the pan, but just wait. Ingredients 1 (8 ounce) jar grape jelly 1 (8 ounce) jar yellow mustard 1 pound cocktail wieners Directions In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix grape jelly and mustard. These recipes do not call for fancy equipment or special knowledge. Here you will find deliciously simple recipes for the every day home cook. All rights reserved.

Shooting Columbus, Ohio Today, Orange County Documentary Transfer Tax Calculator, Buckinghamshire Grammar School Allocation, Articles S

sweet and sour wieners