shopify mercari integration

I have had this problem before and realized my mouse needed new batteries. Learn how the long-coming and inevitable shift to electric impacts you. It looks like a problem with your mouse. I have the latest updates for Word and double-clicking to highlight text does not work for me (it does work in all other programs). Press Shift while selecting multiple files on your Mac located next to each other or Command while clicking files that aren't close together. Could a subterranean river or aquifer generate enough continuous momentum to power a waterwheel for the purpose of producing electricity? Here are all of the best ways to get drag and drop working correctly on your Mac. What differentiates living as mere roommates from living in a marriage-like relationship? I can't say for Word (as MS products always seem to want to do their own thing) but in most Mac apps, double clicking will highlight the word. If you have the option, try connecting your mouse to a different USB port to see if this fixes the problem. Drag-select of words in Microsoft Word was inconsistently not working - the word would highlight, then on releasing the mouse button, the highlight was lost about 50% of the time - highly irritating. Double-tap a word to select the whole word/. On whose turn does the fright from a terror dive end? In Mountain Lion (10.8), the Double-Click speed option has disappeared completely from the Mouse & Trackpad settings. What is SSH Agent Forwarding and How Do You Use It? Now you know! Check that all mouse buttons are working properly. Whenever I want to select text with the mouse (left button, slide the mouse) it won't highlight the text. Choose an expert and meet online. Exactly. Open a Mac app again where copy and paste was not working as expected, and try using the copy and paste commands again and it should . What Is a PEM File and How Do You Use It? I am running Word on Mac OS Monterey v12.0.1. Selecting text in any other program works perfectly. Nov 21, 2014 11:07 PM in response to maximillion82. For some reason, double clicking the trackpad button or with one finger on the trackpad itself (tap-tap, essentially), does not do what it used to. It only takes a minute to sign up. When you do this, the text becomes unselected when you hold CTRL and press the arrow keys to move the insertion point to continue selecting text in a different area of your Word document. Couldnt be simpler, right? Restarting your computer can fix a variety of problems. Triple clicking highlights the line. This will highlight word by word rather than letter by letter, which is much more efficient. Change your Macs left-click settings. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. You must log in or register to reply here. Changed mouse and the problem disappears. Let us know how it goes. Don't worry, we've got you covered too. To do this, follow these steps: Use your mouse and select the first text that you want. JavaScript is disabled. Adjust the cursor and click speed. What does "up to" mean in "is first up to launch"? I have the same issue with my Magic Mouse and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. When I left-click and drag my mouse over text in MS Word or in an e-mail message in Outlook Express, then the text is highlighted and ready to delete, copy, paste etc. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Making educational experiences better for everyone. Please click the link below for your operating system to download the. Why did DOS-based Windows require HIMEM.SYS to boot? Some people find drag and drop easier with this setting disabled. Why Is My Click and Drag Not Working Mac? I have updated to the latest version of Word. I run Microsoft FixIt 50123 and the problem was gone. To start the conversation again, simply There are keyboard shortcuts for selecting text both by letter and by word. In excel, I can no longer reliably left click, hold and drag to select a specific range of cells. Repeat step 2 until you select all the text that you want. Generic Doubly-Linked-Lists C implementation. Apples Universal Control feature is a form of drag and drop where you use a single keyboard and mouse with up to three Apple devices. Similar to the above tip, you can also change the right-click settings on your Mac to suit your style and workflow. This works fine, but theres one problemand youve probably noticed it. The double-click selects the full word you have the cursor on, then you can continue to drag the cursor to highlight word by word. Theres actually a much better way of doing this, and youll never go back. JavaScript is disabled. Change your right-click settings on your Mac. I've tried Repairing Office 2010, rechecked my mouse device settings to no avail. I have intermittent trouble highlighting text in Microsoft Word 14.2 using the Magic Mouse. Going nuts. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Right click in the message body. As for why/how this fixed the issue or the root cause - I haven't got a clue. So it's only with MS Office apps it seems. How to Split a Screen With Snap Layout in Windows 11, How to Fix 'macOS Could Not Be Installed on Your Computer' Error, How to Keep Your Mac Keyboard and Mouse Clean, How to Drag and Drop Screenshots in iOS 15, How to Fix It When the Cursor Disappears in Windows 10. iPhone v. Android: Which Is Best For You? Mar 13, 2014 8:03 PM in response to anandaguy. Word - Extract picture 'alt text - description', Deleting text of a certain color and the white space before and after - Microsoft Word, If text string exist select cell containing text string, Word Rich Text Content Control and Highlighing, The hyperbolic space is a conformally compact Einstein manifold. OnePlus Pad Review: First Trys the Charm? Can anyone test? A link to the app was sent to your phone. If youre using a multi-button mouse, you may need to adjust its settings to get it to drag and drop properly on your Mac. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Ah, yes that thought occured to me when you mentioned themes -- although it hasn't been since Win98 days that I can recall just what the selection issue was that caused it. Windows 11 Has More Widgets Improvements on the Way, Intel CPUs Might Give up the i After 14 Years, 10 Inexpensive Ways to Breathe New Life Into an Old PC, 2023 LifeSavvy Media. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information I had a similar problem, not involving Ctrl key, but this was the first thing that came up in Google when I searched for help so thought I'd post my solution here for others. omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. maximillion82, User profile for user: This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes but only in certain situations! I just had the same issue and discovered my mouse sensor was not working properly. only. This process will refresh the above files by recreating them. It may take a while to complete the diagnostic tests so be patient. This opens a menu where you can add and remove commands to the Quick Access bar. Ctrl+F2 will switch the focus to the menu bar, and Ctrl+F3 brings up the dock (if you're using a keyboard with the Touch Bar, you need Ctrl+Fn+F2 and Ctrl+Fn+F3 ). Can't select text with mouse in Word or Outlook, Synergy prevents click and drag actions in some windows applications. Logitech 310 mouse will not swipe very well in just about anything, but most annoying in Excel. But for me the problem was not anything with the computer or the Office apps - it was the Logitech Mouse! Visit an Apple Store. First, lets look at the way most people typically select text on their Windows, Mac, Chromebook, or Linux PC. First thing to do is get off the horribly buggy 12.0.1. macOS 11.5, I'm presuming you have a Magic Mouse (wireless), Nov 3, 2021 1:08 PM in response to Grahamhinitt, When I left Click it will not highlight when I hold and drag the cursor. Find the driver of your mouse. Thanks for contributing an answer to Super User! Why xargs does not process the last argument? Try a different surface. Why do men's bikes have high bars where you can hit your testicles while women's bikes have the bar much lower? Has the Melford Hall manuscript poem "Whoso terms love a fire" been attributed to any poetDonne, Roe, or other? Mouse selection has become buggy. Restart your Mac. Take Screenshot by Tapping Back of iPhone, Pair Two Sets of AirPods With the Same iPhone, Download Files Using Safari on Your iPhone, Turn Your Computer Into a DLNA Media Server, Add a Website to Your Phone's Home Screen, Control All Your Smart Home Devices in One App. How do I stop the Flickering on Mode 13h? Hello @ScottSmith have you tried with the last Synergy version? Prepare to have your mind blown. Has anyone else noticed a bug or issue in Preview that prevents text selection? For instance, if I go to the URL box/bar on the. [Re-Titled by Moderator], call Worked for me, surprisingly. All Rights Reserved. In the meantime, if you are still not able to select text with a mouse or the mouse pad: (1) Use the arrow keys on your keyboard in order to move your curser where you want to highlight text, Additionally, you mentioned your Mac OS version is 12.0.1, it's a bit old version. Also make sure you are connected to the internet in case the diagnostic application has to connect the Microsoft servers. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I am using `Office 2010` (`Professional 14.0.6112.5000 32-bit` on `Windows 7 Pro SP1`).I have uninstalled and re-installed `Office`. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Followed the instruction in the link and my issue is resolved. Step 1: Click Go on the menu bar and select Utilities. Apr 19, 2013 9:45 AM in response to Joel Lexchin. Choose the account you want to sign in with. Did the Golden Gate Bridge 'flatten' under the weight of 300,000 people in 1987? To learn how, check this link. Little tricks like this can make a world of difference. Stopping synergy was enough, no need to uninstall for me. Go to System Preferences > Accessibility Choose Mouse & Trackpad from the left options list Click Trackpad Options Tick "Enable dragging" and select "three finger drag" from the drop-down menu next to it For macOS 10.15 "Catalina" and later: Go to System Preferences > Accessibility Choose Pointer Control If I drag the cursor to the URL bar and double click, the entire thing won't be highlighted as it should and always used to do until recently. Synergy is definitely causing this issue in my situation. For some reason, double clicking the trackpad button or with one finger on the trackpad itself (tap-tap, essentially), does not do what it used to. I have experienced this too. Could a subterranean river or aquifer generate enough continuous momentum to power a waterwheel for the purpose of producing electricity? Selecting text is a common thing to do on a computer. 565), Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI, Can't use mouse to place an insertion point or drag-select text in Word; cursor moves as commanded by mouse, Synergy prevents click and drag actions in some Windows applications, Double click selecting word in Word / Outlook, Can't select text with mouse in Word / Office 2007, MSWord 2010 shortcut key for TOGGLING styles, When I reduce header size in Word all hell breaks loose, How to fully undo an Insert Page Numbers operation in Word, Microsoft 365 E5 security add-on can't remove autofill email addresses in Outlook 2016. To select text letter by letter, place the cursor at the starting point, hold down the Shift key, then press the Left or Right arrow keys. EricJTx, User profile for user: When you do, the closed apps and windows will be automatically reopened and you might lose unsaved tasks. For some reason I am unable to select text the normal way. Which was the first Sci-Fi story to predict obnoxious "robo calls"? It can be annoying. Another option is to use the Command+A keyboard combination to select all files in a folder. Some people find drag and drop easier with this setting disabled. To drag and drop on a Mac using the trackpad, click or tap to select an item > press and hold the trackpad while moving the selection > and let go of the trackpad to reposition the file or files. 565), Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI, Can't select text with mouse in Word / Office 2007. You position the cursor at the beginning of the text, hold the mouse button down, drag the cursor to the end, then release the button. should now. Have you found any fixes yet? To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Update your Mac's software. Just click and drag your mouse to highlight the desired text. Using the USB mouse, in System Preferences click on Mouse and then Set Up Bluetooth Mouse Once the Magic Mouse has paired with your Mac see if if you can select text If you still can't select text try restarting your Mac in Safe Mode to see if you can highlight text and if you can highlight restart as normal and check again Reply Helpful of 1 It will let you drag and drop on your Mac by tapping three fingers at once on the trackpad. This functionality is on by default because it is a standard function of mouse and trackpad usage, so you shouldnt need to enable it. I can't copy/cut and paste because the text will not highlight, All of a sudden, I can no longer copy/cut and paste because the text will not highlight. Need help with something else? Embedded hyperlinks in a thesis or research paper. It's driving me crazy. Chris Dubuque, User profile for user: So, open the Control Panel and launch the interface for mouse settings. (2) keep your finger pressed on the shift button and press the right or left arrow keys. This method makes a lot more sense for most situations. I have Text Selection tool selected and am not able to select or highlight text. Posted on Oct 28, 2012 1:33 PM. anandaguy, User profile for user: Also they say that activating the "Elevate" check could fix it. What was the actual cockpit layout and crew of the Mi-24A? ask a new question. This is how it's always been. How to Check If the Docker Daemon or a Container Is Running, How to Manage an SSH Config File in Windows and Linux, How to View Kubernetes Pod Logs With Kubectl, How to Run GUI Applications in a Docker Container. I have Win10 and Office10 installed. Double clicking, when the curser is on a word, will highlight the word. Not sure whether to disparage Apple or MS. captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of I have run into a similar issue if you happen to be running Synergy (http://synergy-project.org/). The only way I can highlight a word is to double click on it or click on the beginning of a text string then hold down the shift key while I click on the end of the text string. Bug #3044 - Unable to drag-select in MS Office. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He has written thousands of articles, hundreds of tutorials, and dozens of reviews. It only occurs in MS word. Hope this saves someone the agonizing pain of being unable to flash fill by dragging, trying to grab documents or emails while it disconnects your click, etc. The same problem is not when I use the trackpad or other mice and I dont have a problem using the Magic Mouse and Excel or Powerpoint. Enable three-finger drag. How-To Geek is where you turn when you want experts to explain technology. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. This kind of goes away if you press the Win key once. Back up your Mac and then select Finder > Go > Go to Folder, type ~/Library, select Go, and then delete the following six files. provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations Check your multi-button mouses settings. Joe Fedewa is a Staff Writer at How-To Geek. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Magic mouse not highlighting. Looking for job perks? I'm running OS 10.8.2 on a MacBook Pro (retina display). A flat battery can affect how well a mouse works with a Mac. I have the top row of a table frozen). First, click the small arrow at the right of the Quick Access bar. I do not have this problem with Word 2007. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Enabling touch mode requires only a few steps. This is driving me nuts too and I am using the trackpad on my Macbook Pro. You might not have the cursor in the exact right spot to start or you miss the last letter. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information I had a Logitech M310 mouse and that was the issue. Think about the times when youve highlighted text. The cause was unknown until today when I narrowed it down to the Ctrl key. Then use your mouse or trackpad to select and drag the files to a new location. Get the Latest Tech News Delivered Every Day. It's great to know what was causing the issues but I still need synergy Gee, I put up with this issue for months with no cluehow frustrating! Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. Does the 500-table limit still apply to the latest version of Cassandra? Why are players required to record the moves in World Championship Classical games? It is a more global problem as I cannot select the intended paragraph of text on a webpage using Chrome. You mean you want to double click to select the text? Change or charge your mouses battery. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Now hold Shift + Ctrl and press the Left or Right arrow keys. Click Driver > Update Driver. Was shocked to discover that it immediately worked again after right clicking in the message body. For Free. This happens reliably if I have 'freeze panes' activated (e.g. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. Somehow the selection color got changed on the machine. only. Select Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility > Pointer Control > Trackpad Options > Enable dragging and then select three finger drag. Dec 15, 2016 6:31 AM in response to EricJTx. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Refresh the Mac's mouse and trackpad files. He has been covering consumer technology for over a decade and previously worked as Managing Editor at. Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. On what basis are pardoning decisions made by presidents or governors when exercising their pardoning power? I have that setting enabled and can click and drag to select text. provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations Your Mac may need a software or firmware update to fix some bugs associated with your mouse or trackpad. If youre having trouble getting Apples Universal Control drag and drop feature to work correctly, make sure your devices are running at least either the macOS Monterey or iPadOS 15 operating system and are at least one of the following. You can adjust the left-click settings for both your Macs trackpad and your mouse to make it easier to drag and drop content. Jun 30, 2014 8:44 AM in response to seventy one. Any Mac or iPad that matches or is newer than the models in the above list should support Universal Control drag and drop. To work around this problem, use the mouse to select non-contiguous areas of your Word document. There are no sticky keys. He writes about Windows 10, Xbox One, and cryptocurrency. Release your finger to place the file in its new location. Then randomly it turns back off. While holding CTRL, select the next text that you want. I was on a 2007 (purchased in 2008) iMac previously running the latest OS X Mountain Lion--without any such issue. By submitting your email, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. RELATED: Why Is a Computer Mouse Called a Mouse? Im willing to bet that, most of the time, youre aiming for full words. Looks like no ones replied in a while. @BAR What about SHIFT+up/down to highlight multiple lines. Clean your Macs trackpad and mouse. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. How about saving the world? (4) to paste text that you copied, press, CTRL + V. Get a free answer to a quick problem. It may take a while to complete the diagnostic tests so be patient. This is what you wanted to eastablish, so now you must take up the matter with MS and seek their advice. The text is highlighted letter by letter, as shown below. We suggest checking the drive of your mouse to ensure it's up-to-date. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. RELATED: How to Change Mouse Pointer Size and Style in Windows 11. To start the conversation again, simply Now this does not work. This is also happening to me in both Word and Excel. It is not Apple's fault (hopefully). @Colette KillianIt's your mouse! I had the problem you mention, though under MacOS 12.3 and Word 16.62 Home/Student. In a nutshell - my mouse will not select text . 35,000 worksheets, games, and lesson plans, Marketplace for millions of educator-created resources, Spanish-English dictionary, translator, and learning, Diccionario ingls-espaol, traductor y sitio de aprendizaje. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. No idea if that would fix it either. You use the keyboard to select areas of non-contiguous text in Microsoft Word. Mouse and trackpad preferences can also often confuse as there are several options users can select to customize how an item is selected and moved via Macs mouse cursor. Once the focus has been moved . Drag and drop not working on your Mac? I have a completely new computer and mouse and the selecting cell or word process has become frustrating. If none of the above fixes worked, it might be worth heading into an Apple Store and asking an employee for advice. I haven't updated in a while, so I'll try that. While holding CTRL, select the next text that you want. My browser text does not have issues either (Safari and/or Firefox). So lets make that easier. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. To drag and drop on a Mac, click on an item and drag your finger on the trackpad, or move your mouse. We select and review products independently. I exchanged my mouse for a new one and still, hit or miss highlighting. 1 Answer Sorted by: 1 You can try updating MacOS I had the problem you mention, though under MacOS 12.3 and Word 16.62 Home/Student. I have uninstalled and re-installed Office. This issue still persists. In the meantime, if you are still not able to select text with a mouse or the mouse pad: (1) Use the arrow keys on your keyboard in order to move your curser where you want to highlight text. Find out more about the Microsoft MVP Award Program. 1-800-MY-APPLE, or, Sales and That is, as soon as I use the Ctrl key (for copy, paste, undo or even by itself for the purpose of this test), my ability to select and drag is gone. captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. I had the same problem and rebooting did the trick for me. I am using Office 2010 (Professional 14.0.6112.5000 32-bit on Windows 7 Pro SP1). Suddenly I can't highlight a block of text. The buttons on a mouse are a lot more versatile than we realize. He has been covering consumer technology for over a decade and previously worked as Managing Editor at XDA-Developers. It's sloppy.sometimes it will start the selection a cell or two away from the desired cell, or not even allow selection at all. In the Search box of Activity Monitor, type "pboard". Other apps don't seem to be affected. Initially I could clean the sensor under the mouse (with ear bud or soft lense cloth). Right-click, and select Properties. My recommendation is to avoid it as much as possible, Microsoft did a very poor job with the Mac version of Office. Just yesterday I updated MacOS to 12.5 on my MacBook Pro M1 Pro and now I can select text just fine. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. Grahamhinitt. How about saving the world? Why xargs does not process the last argument? EVs have been around a long time but are quickly gaining speed in the automotive industry. Click on Settings to adjust the duration for which you should hold. How to Use Cron With Your Docker Containers, How to Use Docker to Containerize PHP and Apache, How to Pass Environment Variables to Docker Containers, How to Check If Your Server Is Vulnerable to the log4j Java Exploit (Log4Shell), How to Use State in Functional React Components, How to Restart Kubernetes Pods With Kubectl, How to Find Your Apache Configuration Folder, How to Assign a Static IP to a Docker Container, How to Get Started With Portainer, a Web UI for Docker, How to Configure Cache-Control Headers in NGINX, How to Set Variables In Your GitLab CI Pipelines, How to Use an NVIDIA GPU with Docker Containers, How Does Git Reset Actually Work? any proposed solutions on the community forums. This is happening about 45% of the time I attempt to highlight text and it's driving me insane. You dont have to worry about dragging to the exact right spot. Not everyone prefers to use a mouse for text selection. How a top-ranked engineering school reimagined CS curriculum (Ep. Disable Force Click and haptic feedback. I've had this issue several times with mouse attached using USB. You may have never even considered there was another way to highlight text. Back up your Mac and then select Finder > Go > Go to Folder, type ~/Library, select Go, and then delete the following six files. 1-800-MY-APPLE, or, Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac, Sales and How do I drag and drop on a Mac trackpad? Luis A. I'm having the same problem, and the proposed fix in post #7 didn't help. A Macs drag and drop function not working can be due to incorrect settings or an out-of-date operating system, software, or firmware. Turn off Select entire word when selecting text. I have intermittent trouble highlighting text in Microsoft Word 14.2 using the Magic Mouse. Some users find it easier to use a thumb to select an item and an index finger to drag and drop it. If you happen to be using Synergy (or other similar software KVM type program), I would suggest attempting to kill that application, and see if the problem persists. English version of Russian proverb "The hedgehogs got pricked, cried, but continued to eat the cactus". Check it out below. 2005 - 2023 Wyzant, Inc, a division of IXL Learning - All Rights Reserved. Yes - that's true. You need to always go to Universal Access now. The Option key on a Mac keyboard Hold down the Option key on your keyboard, then click and hold to start making your selection. And what happens when you highlight browser text? 10:28 PM This also means that I can't drag anything like text that I have selected with the keyboard or table widths or tabs in the ruler barThe cause was unknown until today when I narrowed it down to the `Ctrl` key.That is, as soon as I use the `Ctrl` key (for copy, paste, undo or even by itself for the purpose of this test), my ability to select and drag is gone.There are no sticky keys. Looks like no ones replied in a while. Feb 12, 2015 4:44 AM in response to Joel Lexchin. My trackpad on my laptop worked to highlight just fine and so did a new mouse! Why Cant I Drag and Drop Files on My Mac with Universal Control? To do this, follow these steps: Use your mouse and select the first text that you want. When done, restart your Mac. (3) once you have highlighted your text, press CTRL + C in order to copy the text. Dont worry, weve got you covered too. Joe loves all things technology and is also an avid DIYer at heart. Oddly, works better highlighting backwards rather than forwards. I can for a little while, then I can't, so, I close and restart the applications again and all is well.

David Ghantt Real Engagement Photos, Remnant Church Memorial Service, Millionaires Prayer Elisha Goodman, Dear Justyce Quotes, Affordable Apostolic Clothing, Articles M

mouse won't select text in word on mac